No exceptions are allowed under current state law for commercial vehicles and motorcycles. If your employer allows it, you can have the device installed on a non-commercial company vehicle. Anyone who uses that vehicle would be required to use the ignition interlock device, and the vehicle would be required to follow all requirements as if the vehicle belonged to you.
Articles in this section
- Who do I contact?
- Driver Services Online
- How long do I have to have an ignition interlock device?
- How much will this cost?
- What if I can't afford the interlock, or have been found indigent?
- I can't make my monthly service appointment. What do I do?
- I can't breathe well enough to use the device. What do I do?
- I've wrecked my car, now what?
- What if I drive for work?
- What if I have more than one vehicle?